Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Novie's first wedding

We took Novalie to her very first wedding today. I cannot imagine seeing the world through the eyes of a 2 year old but today must have been a small dream come true for Novie. This is why, Novie saw Timi and Randall walking down the path today in front of the castle adorned in suit and wedding gown and declared, "Mommy! Look, there's a PRINCESS!!!"
She began running towards the path to get a closer look. We got right next to the aisle as they passed and I could not get over what this scene must have appeared like to Novie. A beautiful radiant bride on the arm of her future glowing husband, walking down a pebble path from a glorious castle. Novie held her little breath as the "princess" passed and exclaimed, "mommy, I'm going to be a princess!" I know she will be that in terms of marriage one day. But to me she already is. I couldn't help but think, please wait as long as you can, for your daddy's sake. ;)

I wanted to freeze that moment in time forever. I cannot wait to share this story with my little princess on her wedding day
.