Saturday, June 4, 2011

Walmart

So, as Andy and I got closer to America we started talking about all the people we would see, food we would get to eat, places we would visit, stores we would browse, and items we needed to purchase to prepare for the next 2 years in Hungary (mostly shoes and winter items).

The car ride to our new "home" for the next month was over 2hrs from the airport and in order to keep us all awake we decided to hit Walmart to get out and walk (and truthfully I was excited since it's been 2 years since I've perused Walmart) yeah, I had forgotten about Walmart. Andy and I were so overwhelmed with the CHEAP!!! prices and countless options for one item that we actually started to get dizzy and sick. I just wanted to get out of there! How weird is that! We were also exhausted and beyond the limit any normal body should be pushed to which added to it, but what a surreal moment not what I had anticipated.

Also the gas prices here are so cheap as well, $4.20 per gallon! It's over $8 in Europe. Again, we were shocked and surprised. Didn't think we would be saying, "everything is so cheap!" every 2 seconds :)


Put things into perspective... and Walmart you really live up to your slogan.

No comments: